Monday, March 31, 2008

Friday Disaster

So, as all Joburg residing readers might have heard, on Friday, the N3 South highway, experienced a horrific accident. That just so happens to be my way home. I suppose I could've taken a different route home, but a. that would have ended up taking me just as long to get home, because most other people would be taking alternate routes, and b. the voyeur in me compelled me to sit in the mostly-standing-still traffic so I could see what the fuss was all about.


My journey starts at 15:36. Rivonia road is relatively fast paced for a Friday afternoon. Quite surprising actually. Turn to get onto the highway a-a-a-a-a-n-d stop dead in my tracks. The beginning of a long journey home. After moving about 20 meters in only 10 minutes and passing FOUR cars standing next to the side of the road, I decide it's time to start snapping away and document any cars I see broken down on my way home. Maybe not the nicest thing to do, but I had nowhere to go slowly and I was bored and this made time pass seemingly quicker.


Without further ado, here are all the cars I managed to take a picture of. I even got one of a bike:

















Sorry if any of these were any of you guys. Hope you didn't get home too late…

2 comments:

AngelConradie said...

cheeez an rice!!! what's with all the breakdowns!!?! and how many did you not get pics of?

Boobah's Mom said...

i started taking pics after I saw four cars already! And somewhere in the time between the last 2 pics was a 6 car pile-up, but by then I was driving to fast, in the rain, to get a pic of that...