Tuesday, March 18, 2008

An update of my life... (Just a quick one)

These last couple of days have been crazy! I don't know where time has flown to I've been so busy. And yet, I've been procrastinating a WHOLE lot...


 

Firstly, I had crazy sock sex this weekend. Yes, I know what you're thinking: "You had sex?", and yes, I did. With my socks on! It was lovely. It was comfy. It was warm. Isn't it amazing how time changes everything? I mean, in the beginning of a relationship one dresses up and wears' kinky clothes and do a whole lot of sexy things. Then, as time progresses, the kinkiness normally dries up and you're lucky if you still get some action. And then, where there was once wild passion, there is now comfortable relaxing bonking. I'm happy The Dad let's me wear my socks. Although, in part, I think he's just grateful that I'm actually opening up for a change.


 

Boobah has been a tad sick of late. Nothing serious, just a cold. And shame, the poor boys' voice is hoarse. He sounds funny when he cries and laughs now. He was wrestling his dad last night. It was so very cute to watch. Besides that, he has become a bit of a biter. And a temper tantrum thrower. If he doesn't get his way, boy does he let you know about it! And then when he gets hold of anyone close by, he bites them on top of it too.


 

I have been experiencing some financial difficulty lately. Well, it's not very difficult, but I've been spending money like it's going out of fashion. I've always been a spend thrift, but it has reached extreme proportions now. So much so, that The Dad has put his foot down. Some rules have been set into place. For example, I have been forced to change my banking details with my employer. Okay, I lie, I didn't do it, The Dad did. He phoned up my boss, explained to him the situation and then requested the detail change. Can anyone say EMBARRASSING ??? I also had to hand over any store cards which may or may not have been in my possession and had to give a full breakdown of my monthly debit orders. My cellphone has been given a limit too. This has all been done with a promise from The Dad that at the end of the month, when all payments have been made to all relevant parties, and IF there is anything left, I will get an allowance of X (X depending on the amount left) that I can spend on anything I wish. If I choose to do it all on one day on one purchase, that is my prerogative. He will not ask questions or make comments on any purchase I make.


 

I know this sounds harsh, but I think it was time. I needed someone to manage my financials for me, cos I abso-bloody-lutely suck when it comes to money! But now, and here it comes again, I just don't know what's wrong with me: I have discovered ONLINE SHOPPING. More specifically BidOrBuy. The site is absolutely addictive! I have, at time of writing this post, already bid on 17 different items. None of which I need, but they're all so cheap! So far, I've only been outbid on 2 items. But, I'm trying to restrain myself and not go and rebid on these items. I will not do it on any items I may be outbid on. For heavens' sake, the one item costs R3500.00! I haven't the faintest idea where I would've coughed that out from. Do you see now? I have a problem. I know they say admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery, but then I have to take that second step (which I've done incidentally). And then, like a true addict, BAM! I find a way around that too... This is fucking ridiculous! Yet, I cannot control myself.


 

On the upside, I got a new job. YAY! New job = more money = more of a chance of me actually getting X allowance to spend. YAY! I shall be leaving my current company a month from now, and then start my new job afresh. It will be a sad day though, as I've been here so long, I feel like part of the furniture. I've seen people come and go, and come back again. They've shared through some of the biggest moments in my life; my first engagement (not to The Dad, though), the break-up of said engagement, my 21st (Boy, was I absolutely hammered that night), news of my pregnancy, my whole pregnancy, the birth of Boobah, the ups and downs of my life with The Dad and many other occasions... I will sorely miss these people! But, I have to move on. I have reached the highest level I could in my field and the money isn't too fab either. But this will all change soon.


 

I'm still planning Boobah's Birthday Party and goodness gracious, it is going to cost an absolute fortune. But, like I said then, and I'll say it now, I will give him the best party that I can afford to give. Even if it costs a lot of money. This is his first birthday party, and I have to and want to make it special. Thanks to all the mommies who gave me some fabulous ideas and hints and tips. I'm going to be sure and try use them all!


 

Adieu!

4 comments:

AngelConradie said...

i would spend like a mad thing if i had the bux... money totally burns a hole in my pocket... and my bank account and my cellphone... and and and

Sweets said...

awww... cash flow... credit cards... store cards... careful hun, before you know it you're in big trouble... but it's so bloody nice to shop!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boobah's Mom said...

That is exactly why The Dad decided to intervene.

Although he doesn't know about the online BidOrBuy purchases yet...

ExMi said...

lady,

i tagged you in a meme I thought you might enjoy...

http://batchfoo.blogspot.com/2008/03/bag-lady.html