Friday, March 7, 2008

Shhh...!

Boobah is finally sleeping...again. No whispering, creaking (specially you old folks), peeping, pooping, snoring or even breathing more than is absolutely neccessary allowed! I swear - if you wake this child up, you will suffer severe consequences!

That said, maybe I should atleast inform you of the events leading up to this dire threat.

Boobah went to bed later than usual (normally 8-ish), which was okay, seeing as he was being such a little sweetheart. But even so, its draining to try and keep...TBC...


...Continued... It seems as if blogging via a cellular telephone only allows a certain number of characters to be entered. Maybe there's another way of sending full length complete post from your cellular telephone, but at 12:30 AM, that is the last thing I would like to be investigating. If anyone knows of any other way, please feel free to inform me of such accordingly*. Continuing with post now...

him entertained for longer than I'm used to. Specially after a long day filled with frustration at work. Some people are just too dumb to be even let close to a computer with a ten foot pole. And working 2 hours over time does not help! Ah, I digress...

After a while he seemed to reach that point where it seems as if he will now finally fall asleep on the bottle. So that is exactly what we did, give him a bottle to sleep. About half way through, Boobah realises our plan, and suddenly wants to sit straight up and carry on with playing like he did 10 minutes before. There goes plan numero uno. We play a little more, we sing another song, we do The Wheels on the Bus actions for about the twentieth time -I love it, that always makes him laugh - and then I have to go have a smoke because I am starting to suffer some withdrawal symptoms. The Dad is appointed to look after him for the 4 minutes it's going to take me to have half a cigarette and promptly decides that now would be a good time to help Boobah into LaLa Land.

It didn't take as long as we expected, and finally we can also pass out on the couches till one wakes up at a later hour, wakes the other up and then we jump into bed until Boobah wakes for his early-morning bottle. Only, last night The Dad and I get woken up at 10:40 PM by what starts as a soft sniffle, and later morphs into one of those sad-broken-hearted sobs from the little baby person AKA Boobah. The only thing wrong with this picture: Boobah is still asleep! Yes, my little poopie-pie-noenoe-baba is crying in his sleep. Now how do you console someone who is not really aware that he is crying heartwrenchingly?

The only thing we did do/could do/knew what to do was to console the little man, rock-a-bye him back to sleep and try and put him down again. That didn't work so well, so I ended up sleeping with him in my arms on the couch, until said arm was dead, and then some. The biggest mistake I made then, was to try and get up to put him back in his cot. He started crying again. The Dad took over from here for a while.

It was 12:04 AM at this stage, and I couldn't sleep, much as I wanted to, and that's when I started with this post. Eventually at about 2, all 3 of us just passed out from pure exhaustion I think. Until 3:45 AM. He wakes again. I just picked him up, got back on the couch and no major drama, till about 5:15 AM this morning when it was more or less time for us to get up anyway.

Needless to say, I have had better nights of rest before. I was right in assuming that Monday night's episode was a once off for the next 6 months. I am very happy that it's Friday, and that we are one sleep closer to Nap-Over-Saturday at Nannie's house. I am definitely needing this break!


Oh, and Boobah has suddenly taken an aversion to bathing. Puzzles me as to why, since he used to lurve his bath times...


* I've just come out of a meeting where the lingo was all big businessey like.

5 comments:

ExMi said...

you shush!!

Boobah's Mom said...

If you were where I was last night - emotionally - you'll know why I said that.

I was laying in bed posting via my cellular telephone last night, hence the time of the post. I still need to continue with the story.

Sweets said...

i still remember those days... i probably said shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh like a million times a day hehe

AngelConradie said...

whew... what a night...

Boobah's Mom said...

you can say that again!!

it seems to have gotten better now. last night was fantastic. He went to bed at 9:30, and only woke up at 5:15. YAY!