Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Being a mom is great!

Despite my ranting and raving and despair yesterday, last night my little Boobah just proved to me again why I love him so much and can't live a day without him.

He was the most adorable little creature. No funny business last night. So much so, that I actually felt bad about complaining about him yesterday.

I cooked for him last night. It seems as if now that he's had some *real* food - you know, eating off everyone's plates - he won't touch Purity any more. I can maybe feed him the odd Fruit & Yoghurt mixture, but those days are getting fewer and further apart. So, as I was saying, I cooked for him last night. The first batch of food, nice mixed veggies and green beans and a potato that I was going to mush up together, burnt. Just a little. Okay, alot. The whole house stank of burnt potato, and any aspiring young cook out there will know how much that smells! I just didn't have enough hands at that moment.

Take two - I boil some rice, pumpkin and more green beans together. When that was done, I mushed it up, and voila, a devine meal for a cute little boy. I have to say though, Boobah is not very keen on chunky bits in his food. It must definitely not be too chewy, and the rice wasn't as soft as I wold have liked it to be for him. That said, however, he ate much more than I first anticipated, even though it took us ten million years to eat dinner.

During this feeding chapter, The Dad went to the Pick 'n Pay up the road to drop off some movies, and maybe get us something nice. I did request a big tub of smooth yoghurt, as that is a firm favorite with Boobah. So, The Dad came home with said yoghurt and a pack of 4 mini tubs of Moo Ice-Cream. Yay! I love it, because the white ice cream tastes like condensed milk.

Now, being the Bad Mom that I am, guess what Boobah had for dessert? Yes, that's right, Moo ice cream. I couldn't sit there and not share with him. Oh did he love that. He kept on looking at me with those beautiful blue eyes and I could just read the signs in his eyes: "More, mommy, more!". I couldn't resist. And it was extremely funny watching how every cold mouthful gave him the shivers. So I kept on feeding him ice cream for laughs (like those folks giving their babes a lemon wedge for laughs). I don't feel too bad, seeing as ice cream is made from milk and so is yoghurt, so what's the big difference? (Besides it containg an awful lot of sugar...)

After dinner we played and danced and sang songs and clapped hands. It was fun having my friendly happy boy back. He went to bed quite late-ish, but you know what, he slept right through the night. That hasn't happened in absolute ages! It probably won't happen again for another 6 months though. That's okay too, cause it was one of the best nights of sleep we had in a very very long time.

I feel so refreshed!

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

aaaw, thats so cool! so are you going to start posting home-made baby-food recipes?