Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Party Planning…2!

On Friday I decide that I really want to…no actually need to spend some money. Actually, this feeling occurred on Thursday, but the money transferred to Boobah's account had not been cleared yet, so had to wait. Which I did, but with a very heavy heart. Come Friday, I am absolutely itching to get to the shops! Once there, it was difficult to make up my mind on what unnecessary things to blow the cash on, but eventually I decide to be a good mommy and start buying things for Boobah's birthday party. It is now just over a month away and rather than having to buy everything at once, which will make a seriass dent in The Dad's pocket, I thought it better to spilt the costs over two months. Boy, am I glad I made that decision?! This weekend's party shopping alone cost me 700 Souf African Ronts already! And this is without the cake which will cost roughly 400 Souf African Ronts BY ITSELF! That is an expense for next month though…


 

So now, I can start ticking off some of the items on my list that I needed to get:

  • Tablecloth – Cars
  • Tablecloth – Plain Black
  • Paper Plates – Kids
  • Paper Plates – Adults
  • Paper/Plastic Cups – Kids
  • Paper/Plastic Cups – Adults
  • Serviettes – Cars
  • Serviettes – Black
  • Balloons – Cars Foil
  • Balloons – Red, Black, White
  • Party Pack Lunch Boxes
  • Invitations
  • Envelopes
  • Cake
  • Happy Birthday Banner
  • Plastic Spoons and Forks

That is just the accessories that I can remember off the top of my head. There is still a whole bunch of other stuff that we need, like the party box fillings and all the eateries for the day, kids-wise and for the parental units. And we DEFINITELY have to remember to get carrots from the Fruit&Veg the morning of the party so all the kidlets can feed the bunnies.


 

I'll keep this post updated as we go along!

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

oh my goodness party shopping is such fun!
i was tempted to go completely bananas for damien's birthday and do balloons and such... but i figured i may embarass him a tad so i'll wait till he turns 18 and do it then.