Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The amazingness of every First…

On Monday, I did my Bad Mommy Homework, and one of the questions I had to answer was "Something you are struggling with presently that I wish I could help you with:". This was my answer "Walking! I wish you would just walk now so you can go where you want to, when you want to, for however long you want to. I can't stand the frustration you have to endure because you can't manage on your own yet.". Then, not even TWO days later, my wish came true!!! Last night, at approximately 19:00 – 19:30, Boobah decides that this whole business of clinging in to the couches and/or tables whilst walking around the room is not for him, so he just… let go. Just like that! AND HE WALKED!!! BY HIMSELF! FOR THE FIRST TIME! And you know how all those books say that generally baby persons give one or two steps and then either sits down or tumbles over? Not my kid! He gave the 6 steps from The Dad to me, hugged me and then promptly turned around and walked back to The Dad. Just sommer so… I am currently the proudest mommy in the world. My kid is amazing! Also remember, this is a child who never crawled, as he refused to lie on his stomach for longer than 2 seconds at a time.


Boobah's age when this happened: 2 days shy of his 11 month Monthday!!!


I am posting videos of this happy event as soon as I convert them properly…

I tried to upload them here, but it doesn't seem to be working, so I am loading them to Google Videos. Here are the links for anyone wishing to see:

Boobah walking in circles

1 Step, 2 Step




5 comments:

Sweets said...

aw cute boobah!!!

Boobah's Mom said...

Can anyone actually see the videos??

I can't seem to get them uploaed anywhere else today either... That sucks!!

ExMi said...

i tagged you in a meme.
check it out!
http://batchfoo.blogspot.com/2008/04/think-meme.html

Sweets said...

i could see both videos, too cute!!!

AngelConradie said...

ag man! and you got it on video!! so so kyoot!!!